Lend me your opinions

One of the many hats I wear as the youth director at FUMC Euless is one of a vending machine manager.  That’s right.  How many TCU grads do you know of that can sport their own vending machine key?  Not many; that’s for sure.

Anyway, I’ve tried my best to put stuff in the machine that people would actually like and would buy before it expires.  I’ve noticed that certain things sell better than others (people love Welch’s Fruit Snacks).  I’ve tried the healthy route (energy/nutrition bars) and the typical non-healthy traditional route (snickers & potato chips).  It is my observation thus far that people still like the traditional vending machine fare as opposed to the healthy route.

So, if you wanted to buy something out of a vending machine what would you be most inclined to purchase?  Lend me your suggestions.  I’m due for a Sams’ Trip in the near future and will use what you tell me as an aid in my quest for the world’s best vending machine selection.

Tagged , ,

10 thoughts on “Lend me your opinions

1. johnnybrower says:

#1 snickers
    #2 peanut m&m’s
    #3 reese’s pieces
    #4 little debbie’s fudge brownies
    #5 sour straws

…also…they may be hard to find (which is why i didn’t mention them in the top 5), but haribo’s sells little individual gummi bear packs.

2. davidsbucket says:

You are putting that TCU education to good use. Congratulations!

I’m in agreement with Johnny’s top three
    followed by Famous Amos Cookies and rounding out the list… buggles chips.

3. Mel says:

I love the animal crackers that come in the blue bag! Yum-O!

Also I am a TCU grad and I have my very own Coke Machine key… Does that make me cool, too?

4. The Judge says:

Put IPods in there.

5. mattroper says:

I have always been partial to the vending machine peanut butter crackers. The ones with the regular crackers not the ones with the cheese crackers ’cause those are disgusting.

6. dxbrower says:

@ Mel – Absolutely. We should start some sort of club.

@ The Judge – I was thinking the Zune might really take off in the next couple of months and pass the iPod…ha

7. Kyle Z says:

Andy Capp’s Hot Fries. I used to eat those all the time in sixth grade.

8. Dad Brower says:

Might I suggest Haggis?!?

9. Rick says:

Johnny –

Thanks so much for keeping it “real” with little debbie’s fudge brownies.

That’s what I”m talking about..

By the way you can’t go wrong with fruit-roll-ups (cherry flavor) and some funyuns..

Yummmm funyuns…man that’s what’s up!